The Journey Home, near Kansas City, MO, is a majestic 1800’s colonial farm home located on 6 picturesque acres and surrounded by farm land. The property features the home, historic barn, and spacious lawn. We are unlike other venues in that we offer overnight stays for up to 23 guests in our beautiful 5,000 square foot home.
This one of a kind venue allows you to have the feel of a destination wedding but still allows for all of your friends and family to be there to celebrate the big day! This is great for out of town guests and/or your entire bridal party to all be in one place without ever having to leave the property!
The unique location offers amazing views of the sunset creating the most romantic backdrop for your wedding. With multiple ceremony location options, your wedding day is full of possibilities at The Journey Home. Schedule a tour to see for yourself!
Address18993 SE 65th Rd.
Dearborn, Missouri 64439
Up to 225 guests
- Caterers prep kitchen
- Moveable bar
- Infrared heat
- 4 patio heaters
- Fans lining rafters
- 3 indoor bathrooms
- Covered patio
- Café lighting
- Moveable ceremony arbor
- 22 ceremony benches (120 Guests)
– If you are renting items from vendors those items must have an approved scheduled drop off and pick up time beforehand. These items are the responsibility of the renters and not The Journey Home.
– All events shall end by 11:00pm so music must be off before 11:00pm. Clients and guests should be off of The Journey Home property by 11:30. (Only guests staying at the house are welcome to stay on the property but must retreat to the house after the reception. House guests are not allowed to stay at the barn after the reception.)
– Alterations to the premises are not permitted: pictures, lamps, furniture and other decorative accessories may not be relocated or removed from the Premises. Beds may be moved next to each other during an overnight rental and must be put back into place at the end of the rental period.
– Nothing is allowed to be attached the walls in the house or barn with tacks, nails, screws or sticky tack (please check with us before putting something up).
– Smoking is not permitted inside the barn or house. Cigarette butt receptacles are provided on or near the back patio of the barn on the south patio of the house. All cigarette butts on the ground must be picked up to not incur additional cleanup fees.
-A bartender is required for any and all alcohol served at the event and all bartenders must be licensed and insured.
– The use of non-biodegradable or unapproved celebration materials is prohibited anywhere on the property.
– The use of fake flower petals for use during an outdoor ceremony is prohibited.
– Candles may be used if they are completely inside a container. No taper candles or open flames.
– Well behaved dogs are welcome on the property but must be looked after and cleaned up after in the yard. Dogs are not to be left unattended in the house unless in a kennel. Additional fees will be charged for any unnecessary cleanup or damage.
– Fireworks are allowed on the property under the set up and supervision of a professional (licensing and insurance is required) and must be discharged prior to 10pm. Sparklers may be used for “send-offs” and extinguished sparklers must be placed in a separate trash receptacle other than indoors. Chinese lanterns are prohibited.
– Due to Conditional Use Permits issued by the County of Buchanan, Missouri, on-site security is required when there are over 100 people on the property. Scheduling of said personnel is the responsibility of TJH. The cost of security will be the responsibility of the Renter at $30.00 per hour.
– There will be no use or consumption of any beverage from a glass bottle by guests during the event. Only the bartenders hired for the event may utilize glass bottles, and they must be properly disposed of in the provided trash receptacles.
– All used linens from the house beds, bathrooms, and the kitchen must be collected in the provided laundry baskets and placed in the laundry room of the house.
– If you did not reserve an overnight stay, no items or decorations are allowed to be stored in our garage or barn until the next day.
– Guest parking is to the north of the house only, unless permitted by The Journey Home staff. No parking is allowed on the road or on the neighboring properties and may be towed at your or the vehicle owner’s expense.